When you hire a property manager, you entrust your source of income to them. This is a significant risk, and it is crucial to find an honest property manager who can handle the challenges of your property. You need to ensure that your property manager is committed to being transparent and thorough. You need a manager with experience.
In our last blog, we offered great questions you can ask prospective property managers. We will share the answers that you want to hear. Read on for two more questions!
- How many properties do you look after personally?
- A manager who has too many properties to look after will inevitably neglect yours. In some of the larger companies, managers have 200 properties each, which is generally too many if you want each property to get individual attention.
- It usually costs more to hire agencies whose managers have lower work loads, but in the long run, it will save you thousands in neglect repair.
- What is your system for approving prospective tenants?
- Your property manager should be screening all possible tenants. He or she should check the tenant’s credit worthiness, current employment, and rental history.
- Properly screening residents is the only way to protect your property, and the manager will have to be subscribed to tenancy databases in order to do so. Feel free to ask them about this, too.
At Real Property Management, we are capable of handling single-family and small, multi-family residences with award-winning excellence. Get 25 years of experience on your side when you contact us for renting new build homes in Arkansas and beyond!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.