If you have homes for rent, you can really benefit from a property management company. The hard part is, you have to find the best one! This can be an overwhelming and confusing process. We recommend that you personally visit with each prospective manager and ask them the questions we have shared in our last four blogs.
We have two more questions for you to add to your collection. At the end of the day, you need a manager who will get to know your property inside and out and do what it takes to keep it full of paying tenants.
- When showing a property, do you give the keys to the prospective tenants?
- If a manager gives the keys to possible tenants and lets them show themselves around your property, you do not want him or her managing your homes for rent.
- When keys are given out, the security of your property is utterly compromised, and too many things can go wrong.
- When the manager professionally shows the property, he or she will be able to get to know the tenants and judge if they will be a fit or not. The manager will also be able to promote your property, which raises your chances for a good fit.
- If I need you to go to court on my behalf, can you do it?
- Many property managers will go to court, but they are not attorneys, so sit down with the manager you choose and make sure that you are clear on how involved you want to be in your property’s management.
If you have rental property in Arkansas and beyond, Real Property Management is your premier option for management. Our company is over 25 years old, and we are committed helping our property owners in any way we can. Call today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.